Friday, January 25, 2013

Summer School (Vacaciones útiles)

It is summer here in Peru and I have been teaching summer school classes to a very cute but rowdy group of about 35 students ages 5-12. Here they called it “vacaciónes útiles” which literally means “useful vacations”. I teach two classes per day for an hour each, four days a week. My two classes are English and self-esteem. We also have a book club two days a week after class in the library of the municipality. The library has quite a few brand new children’s books that were recently donated by one of the local mining companies which is awesome because before that there wasn’t even a library in Huallanca. Even though the students are very unruly and class can get pretty crazy, I am really enjoying my adorable students and I am glad to provide something educational for them to do during the summer :) 


Playing games after class.

They are so precious :)

Book club :)



I just adore them!

Please note that yes, in Peru it's ok for dogs to hang out in the class room. 




We took a "nature walk" to the top of a small mountain. The kids really enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment