Thursday, January 10, 2013

New Years on the beach


I was recently able to take a little vacation to bring in the New Year on a beautiful and very hot, sunny beach in the dessert in northern Peru with my boyfriend Jerry. The beach was called “Lobitos” and it has some of the best waves for surfing in Peru and attracts surfers from all over the world. Apart from all the surfers it attracts, it’s a very chill and quiet beach with few tourists. Jerry loves to surf which is why he is a big fan of Lobitos. I have tried surfing before but I am really not a fan of being in cold water (not that the water at this beach was at all cold, but I am just a wimp haha) so surfing is not a good sport for me. Jerry surfed a few hours each day and while he did, I spent my time lying on the beach and observing the surfers, reading books, journaling, and going for runs on the beach. It was so nice!




The hostel on the beach where we stayed.

The beautiful view from our hostel.




 Jerry loves Lobitos beach so much that about 6 months ago he bought a little plot of land right on the beach so that he can build a house there. So of course I got to see his land on the beach, very exciting! He plans to start building in a year or two.

This is the view from his plot of land.




Every day we would walk just a few minutes down the beach from our hostel to the pier to jump off and swim for a bit and then to buy fresh fish to take back to our room to cook. Jerry had brought his mini foreman grill from home to cook fish on in our hotel room and it was perfect! 


A fisherman descaling fish to sell. 




Haha he never fails to make me laugh :)


Jerry gutting a fish to cook for lunch.

Lunch in our room :)
I am one happy girl :)

Jerry LOVES to surf.

A shot of Jerry that  professional photographer took and put on their website :) 









No comments:

Post a Comment