Sunday, January 13, 2013

Field trip!

About a week before Christmas I was invited to go on a field trip with some of my older students :) We went to a place called “Cañon del Pato" which is a beautiful canyon in Northern Ancash. It was a 7 hour drive from Huallanca and we only went for the day so we left in a big bus together at 3am! The canyon was gorgeous and a very hot and very different climate from cold Huallanca where we live. We made a few educational stops on the way back from the Canyon and then spent the night in Huaraz. I had a BLAST with my students! It was so much fun to spent some quality time with them outside of class, doing something new and exciting together :) It really gave me a chance to bond with some of my students and get to know them even better! 



The group of my darling students :)


On the bus ride to the canyon!


"Cañon del Pato" (Duck Canyon). 

We went through literally 36 tunnels while driving through the canyon! The students loved it. 

On the way back from the canyon we stopped at a place where there use to be a town but it was completely wiped our in 1970 during a bad earthquake. 



There use to be a city in this spot but it was completely destroyed in a terrible earthquake in  the 1970s. 



Lunch time :)



Haha I love my students :)



No comments:

Post a Comment