Sunday, June 17, 2012

That awkward moment when...

That awkward moment when your friend suddenly gets terrible diarrhea and you are both locked outside of her host families house...and when I say awkward moment I mean hilarious moment. At least for me because I wasn't the one with the problem! A few days ago a fellow PC volunteer and I went for a run after training. After our run we went back to her host families house so that she could change her clothes because we were planning to go out with the rest of the group that night. When we got home we realized that we were locked out of her house and that no one was home. Right after we realized that we were locked out she was suddenly like..."oh my gosh I need to use the bathroom right now. I have diarrhea and if I move at all I think it might run down my leg!"...She must have eaten something bad and it suddenly caught up to her. We ended up being locked out of her house for about an hour while just waiting outside. My poor friend!! We kept joking about how she was for sure going to be the first to poop her pants and it was only week one here in Peru! She didn't want to go knocking on the neighbors doors asking to use their bathroom because we are "suppose to integrate into the community" and she didn't want to be that weird gringa with bad diarrhea desperately needing a bathroom and making a weird impression. She was a great sport about it and sure did give me a good laugh because we were cracking jokes about the situation the whole time. She even had me record photos and videos of her because it was such a funny moment (or a funny hour I guess since we were waiting outside of her house for so long) and she wanted to show her friends and family so they would get a good laugh out of it. She is a really positive person which I think is such an important quality for a Peace Corps volunteer. She doesn't speak a lot of Spanish at all and things have been more difficult for her because of that but she always has a good attitude...even when she gets locked out her house with diarrhea!! Ahhh the things that happen to Peace Corps volunteers.

Locked out when nature is REALLY calling

Her "I gotta go but I'm locked out of the house" face.

No comments:

Post a Comment