Saturday, June 16, 2012

My first birthday in Peru!

I recently had my 22nd birthday in Peru. My first of three birthdays in Peru! I thought that having my birthday the first week that I got to Peru would be sad because I wouldn't really be close with anyone or know anyone here very well but it was actually a very lovely birthday. My Spanish class surprised my with a cake and a cute little celebration on the back porch of the training center :) It was very sweet!! After training later in the day, about twenty people came out with me to get a beer to celebrate my birthday and then my family had a special birthday dinner for me! Getting birthday emails did make me a little homesick thinking about and missing all my wonderful friends and family in the states but it really was a lovely birthday and I am blessed to already have a wonderful community of friends who are already like family here (my fellow PC volunteers) and a great Peruvian family that I am living with!

With my Spanish teacher at my birthday celebration during training.

My little surprise birthday celebration with my Spanish class

The cute card they gave me!

The sign the Peace Corps staff put up on the entrance door at the training cener: "Happy birthday Kendra Pittman"

Joy-filled to be living in Peru :)


With my Peruvian family on my birthday! I am at least a foot taller than each of them. 

About to have a beer with some friends!

My host sisters and I!

No comments:

Post a Comment