Sunday, August 26, 2012

Swearing in Ceremony

Our swear in ceremony was on August 17th at the US ambassador's mansion in Lima.When we swore in we said the following: "I, _______, do solemnly swear, that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of office on which I am about to enter. So help me God". One member from our host families was able to come to the ceremony. It was a beautiful ceremony and a beautiful day that I will remember forever! 


Peace Corps Peru 19 on the day we became official volunteers

One of our fellow volunteers giving a prepared speech about our 10 weeks in training together

My Peace Corps best friend and I :)


Officially a volunteer!

On the bus on the way to the ambassador's house

My site mate and I

My cute little host mom from Lima and I

Our tech trainer


No comments:

Post a Comment