Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Halfway through training and region assignments!

 It is now week five of training which means that we are halfway through! Today, they announced our regional assignments and I will officially be in the Sierra in a Quechua speaking area!!! I am so excited!!! It´s just what I wanted :) While it would have been nice to live in the warm weather on the coast, close to the beach, living a more modern life style, I have known all along what kind of Peace Corps experience I truly want; something less modern and very culturally rich and living in the Sierra is just that. We are still waiting to find out our exact site locations. We won't hear about that for another few weeks. I am anxious to know! Being a Peace Corps volunteer sure is teaching me how to be patient! Next week, we will go on a "field based training trip" and when we get back from that I will start my Quechua classes and that is also when they will be telling us our exact site locations!

Here are some recent photos from a few different events:

At a Peruvian outdoor fiesta with some volunteer friends



The "torro loco" (crazy bull) that shoots out fireworks in all imaginable directions.

When they gave us our region assignments! There is my name and photo on the "sierra" sign. Yay!!!

About to consume an enormous pizza with some volunteer friends. Its nice to have American food every once in a while.

We went on a short hike through the foothills that are in our neighborhood!

Here we are at the top

No comments:

Post a Comment