Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Beauty of my Backyard

I recently had the opportunity to visit a somewhat hidden treasure that Huallanca has. It´s a mountain called “Chaupijanca” that is just behind the town of Huallanca. It´s a beautiful snowcapped mountain but unfortunately it´s on the property of a mine which is what makes it somewhat hidden and difficult to access. You literally have to get permission from the mine to enter the property where the stunning Chaupijanca sits.

The mine decided to take a tourist group up to visit Chaupijanca, so fortunately I was able to go and I was blown away at how beautiful it was.

Chaupijanca from a distance.


Too beautiful for words!




The rocks up there were incredible...too bad they will be mined away eventually :(

The beautiful lagoon fed by Chaupijanca

My favorite mountain in Huallanca that can be viewed no matter where you are. It´s called Ñatin Chaupac. 


It´s hard to believe that this kind of beauty is so close to where I live, yet so hard to access because of the mine. I definitely hope to return to this beauty again while I still live in Huallanca!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment